Our Metaloid reel families center on powerful, no-nonsense designs constructed from the best available materials. A Metaloid reel is built to fish hard in the world’s most rugged environments. The Metaloid baitcast reel compliments Metaloid Lever Drag and Spinning reels as part of this family that prides itself on ultimate strength.
Metaloid baitcast reels feature a machined aluminum frame, side plates and spool to provide a high-quality foundation of brute strength. The reel operates fluidly in fresh and saltwater on four stainless steel ball bearings plus one roller bearing. Precision brass gears create smooth handling at all times. In addition to stainless steel bearings and premium aluminum and brass components, every part within Metaloid is coated with penetrating Corrosion-X HD during the assembly process to go above-and-beyond with regard to corrosion-resistance.
• Rigid A6061-T6 extruded aluminum, black anodized frame
• Ported machined aluminum frame reduces weight
• Aluminum machined sideplates with black anodizing
• Machined aluminum gun smoke anodized spool
• Multi-disc Carbonite drag system
• Micro-click ratcheting drag star for precise settings
• 4BB+1RB stainless steel bearing drive system
• Dual anti-reverse: Silent ratcheting and Quick Set roller bearing
• Precision machine cut brass main and pinion gears
• Adjustable 6-pin Velocity Control casting system
• Synchronized levelwind optimized for braided line
• Zirconium line guide inserts for use with braided line
• On/Off clicker for trolling, chunking or bait fishing
• Metaloid baitcast reels are backed by a 1-year limited warranty